Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My Interactions with Habib Tanvir: Part XX, 'Kaahil' ( lazy, slothful)

Once I travelled from Mumbai to Kolkata on a train!!! For a show of 'Agra Bazar'. It was a long journey. Almost 48 hours in a train if I am not wrong. I was traveling alone since I was going from Mumbai. I was tired and bored. I got off at Howrah , Kolkata was very humid. I was told by the volunteer who came to pick me up that Habib saab has asked you to be brought straight to the hall. I tried protesting - let me go wash at least. He said- you can do it at the hall, Habib saab said that. I could not refuse and went straight to the hall, very upset with him, thinking that he had no mercy.

And he didn't. He looked at me, probably understood and then said - good you came, these days there are these actors who first want to go to the hotel, take a wash, sleep and then come for the rehearsal. These idiots are 'kaahil', they will never be able to do anything in life. 

I stood there wondering…

No comments:

Post a Comment