Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Interactions with Habib Tanvir Part !V: Two Tips




So I asked him one day, 'Habib saab, you have been around for almost fifty years, you have consistently done good work, you continue to create it, how come? Most directors and theater groups seems to have a  short life of five to ten years.' He responded, ' I think it is because I go bit by bit, remain true to the story, play it out again and again, even if I like something but it is coming in the way of the story, I am ruthless in removing it, so if you have a story to tell, you remain true to it, I think you will be alright. This is something that my teacher told me'


Another time we were talking about actors. He said ,'I have a problem with these ACTORS, you are an actor remain one. It is a job you are doing like a rickshaw puller or a coolie. Some days you will be pathetic, most of the time you will be average and then there will also be those days when you will be inspired. Whatever you do, do your job and get the hell out of there and let the next person do his job'



No comments:

Post a Comment